The 3rd Advance Telecom DHA City Corporate T20 Cup 2013 will be held here at the DHA Sports Club (Moin Khan Academy) Ground from July 27 to August 6. This was revealed by former Test wicket-keeper and the chairman tournament committee Moin Khan at a press conference.
If you are looking to buy or sell plots in DHA City Karachi,
then contact CITI Associates at 0321-8793654 or email at email@example.com
The logo of the tournament was also unveiled. Also present were the Tournament Director Nadeem Khan, Director Marketing Advance Telecom Rehan Sheikh, Project Director DHA City Karachi Brigadier Rafiq Qaimkhani and Business Head Geo Super Mohammad Ali.
As many as eight teams will be featuring in the tournament, which have been bracketed in two different pools. Pool A carries Advance Telecom, National Bank of Pakistan, Sui Southern Gas Company, State Bank of Pakistan while Pool B contains Habib Bank Limited, Port Qasim Authority, Candyland and Omar Associates. Two teams from each pool will qualify for the semi-finals. Total 15 matches will be held during the 11-day affair.
Moin Khan said that such activities would develop local cricket and boost the fitness activities among youth. “We need to organise such activities and I hope that the event will also provide a great entertainment to the Karachiites,” said Moin, who also has been appointed as chief selector by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) a few days ago.
After every game man-of-the-match awards will also be presented besides cash prizes at the end of the tournament.
- Group ‘A’: State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), National Bank of Pakistan (NBP), Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC), Advance Telecom.
- Group ‘B’: Habib Bank Limited (HBL), Port Qasim Authority (PQA), Omar Associates, Candyland.
- July 27: SBP v SSGC (11:00pm).
- July 28: HBL v PQA (8:00pm); SSGC v Advance Telecom (11:30pm).
- July 29: Omar Associates v Candyland (8:00pm); SBP v Advance Telecom (11:30pm).
- July 30: HBL v Omar Associates (8:00pm); NBP v SSGC (11:30pm).
- July 31: SBP v NBP (8:00pm); PQA v Candyland (11:30pm).
- Aug 1: PQA v Omar Associates (8:00pm); HBL v Candyland (11:30pm).
- Aug 2: NBP v Advance Telecom (11:00pm).
- Aug 3: First semi-final (11:00pm).
- Aug 4: Second semi-final (11:00pm).
- Aug 6: Final (11:00pm).