DHA has a number of well-reputed and prestigious educational institutions. DA Montessori is one of them, which is the most important one. Montessori system of education is the key of constructing a well-balanced human being.
The Ex-Administrator DHA, Brig Ghazanfar Azam inaugurated DHA Montessori-1 in May 1997. It is located in the area of Sea View Township. This building is uniquely constructed keeping in mind the entire educational need of younger children for the years to come.
In April 2010, Montessori-II & DCC was merged with Montessori-I. Principal Montessori-II was transferred as Principal Montessori and the institute is now renamed as DA Montessori.
The classrooms are spacious, well lit and well decorated. The furniture is specially designed. A healthy, colourful, pleasing environment is set to welcome the children so that they feel comfortable. If is fully equipped with the Montessori material. The shelves are labeled and divided according to the material for E.P.L., Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, General knowledge etc. The academic structure is as follows:
- Play Group
Each environment has five sections with one Montessori directress and one co-directress.
- Library – A well equipped library with colourful pictures and interesting books. Story time is also conducted in the library by library teacher.
- Activities – It is one of the smallest institution in the chain of DHA Educational Institutions yet it plays a very important and significant part in contributing towards education. A calendar of events including co-curricular activities which helps the children to learn various concepts very easily e.g. Colour Day, Plantation Day, Taste Day, etc. are held. To further promote this idea field trips to various places e.g. DCL, Bank, Bakery is also arranged. Guest speakers and various professionals are invited to talk to the children. Summer Activity classes were being held since 2004 at Montessori-II. It is fun filled activity with a combination of arts and craft activity and academics. 3 teachers from DA Montessori, and school music teacher conduct the classes. Field trips, magic show, monkey show is also arranged. Summer Activity classes were held at DA Montessori too this year in June 2010. The students of DA Montessori participated in Mother Day organized by KFC. The students participated in card contest, drawing and colouring contest and have worn prizes.
- Karate – A karate instructor has been appointed who takes karate class once a week.
Acceptance of the application form only means that child is eligible to apply for admission to the school and does not Guarantee Admission.
- Discharge certificate from the previous school.
- Photocopy of birth Certificate from the Cantonment Board or Municipal Corporation where the child was born. Original should be produced at the time of interview.
Age requirement for admission are as follows:-
- Day Care Class – 1 Year 3 Months onwards
- Play Group – 2.5 Years
- Environment I (KG) – 3.5 Years
- Environment II (Prep) – 4.5 Years
Address: Opp Building # 55, Sea View Township, Khayaban-e-Sehar, Phase V, DHA Karachi.