The first installment of TEDxDSU, a conference where speakers will be coming from across the continent, to share their ground breaking ideas and amazing stories. TEDxDSU promises to present one of the most captivating and indulging TED Talks coming up in Karachi !
- Date: 15th June 2013
- Timings: 3pm to 7pm
- Contact: 0333-3228386
- Venue: DHA Suffa University, DG-78, Off Khayaban-e-Tufail, Ph-VII (Ext.), DHA Karachi. (Map: http://goo.gl/maps/R65IF)
- Kachee Goliyan – A team of two young aspiring entrepreneurs (Nofal & Ramish), who have launched Pakistan’s first Urdu comic books and are currently reviving and inculcating the comic book culture in Pakistan, they are also contributing towards the welfare of underprivileged children in Pakistan.
- Deepak Perwani – A renowned fashion designer who is not only recognized in Pakistan but known internationally as well. Deepak has played a pivotal role in shaping and changing the trends of Pakistani fashion (especially in men’s wear). He also holds the Gunnies world record for the largest Kurta made. He is an Actor and a model as well.
- Nazma Rehman – A teacher with over 48 years of teaching experience, she was one of the founding members and principal for Civil aviation school for 20 years, she has written many text books for schools, her text book Kashif Urdu has been adopted by Oxford University Press and is taught as a standard course book in USA, Pakistan and the Middle East, she is also a social worker and she has contributed significantly towards grooming and upbringing of children in Pakistan.
- Sarang Shaikh – A Telecommunication Engineer, who has performed 1st Wi-Fi War Driving in Pakistan, he has won a gold medal from IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) for his work. He is a social activist and a professional blogger.
- Umair Syed – The Founder and CEO of Script Technologies. He is the architect of DiscoverV which is implmentation of his pending Social Networking patent intended to socialize Machines. He also launched socially rich PKVote which presents GIS based analytical story of previous Pakistan election results. Umair co-owns a patent on wireless capacity monitoring & recommendation and a pending patent on Social Networking.
- Maliha Abbas Abidi – A 17 year old Pakistani American, who is a self-taught artist and photographer, a youth director for a drug abuse company an art teacher and a world traveler.