DHA City Karachi (DCK) is one of the biggest housing scheme ever launched in the history of Real Estate in Karachi with total available land in DHA City Karachi is 11640 acres out of which around 5000 acres land is being offered for allotment to various categories. This is also first time in the history of Defence Housing Authority (DHA) that they provided an opportunity to the Civilian to get a plot in their scheme directly. Before this DHA always allot plots to Armed Forces Officers and after that those individuals can sell out their plot to civilians in the open market.
Before DCK, the Non-Forces person could not apply for allotment of any plot directly from DHA authority. However they can buy from the open market and are eligible for transfer the plots on their own name in “B” Category of Membership. However the rates are different for Armed Forces and Civilians.
DHA Karachi also oblige their staff too by giving them plots in Staff Category as well, in which they gifted the plot. There are total of 10+ type of different categories in DCK with different prices and payment plans (10 to 20 years installment).
DCK is unique because of its size, it’s a huge project comprising on approximately 11640 acres of land. Just compare it to the current land of DHA which is 8500 acres including all the phases from Phase I to Phase VIII. DCK will have 16 sectors which will be developed over the years.
If you are looking to buy or sell plots in DHA City Karachi,
then contact CITI Associates at 0300/0321-8299101 or email at email@example.com
DHA City Karachi is located on Super Highway. Construction of road linking Super Highway and Airport have shorten the travel time. It is connected to existing DHA through National Highway and link road linking Super Highway just short of DHA City Karachi.
3. Initial Balloting
From the balloting till today, 3 years have been passed. In the first couple of years i.e. 2010 and 2011, the market was complete dull and there was no plot file transactions in the market. One major reason of this was that there were two different prices for the same plot i.e. Army Officers plots was balloted at half price from the Civilian Category. The Civilian Category plots prices were in minus because those Army Officers files available in the market for sale and they agreed to sale their files at little price premium.
After the two dull years, market started to take off in early 2012 and price premium starts on Civilian categories plot. Initially, it was at breakeven price, like what the payment has been made to DHA the seller can get this only. The market started to move with 50k price premium, then 100k price premium and so on.
4. Master Plan
DHA City Karachi (DCK) Master Plan was unveiled in December 2011. DCKs lead concept planner, Prof Spiro Pollalis presented the main features of the DCK’s master plan model including topography, residential sectors, business district, road networks and amenity areas etc.
The complete DCK site is spread over an area of 11,640 acres of land which had been divided into 16 sectors, each sector has further four sub-sectors interspersed with residential and commercial plots of varying sizes. Sector, street, road and plot numbering have been done logically in a systematic manner for easy understanding.
For the balloting of DHA City Karachi commercial and residential plots, the categories of applicants are defined, each category has eligibility criteria and applicants matching the eligibility was included for balloting of plots.
- Category A – Army
- Category B – Retired Armed Forces Officers
- Category C – AFNS / Mujahid
- Category H – Def Est
- Category F – Senior Citizen
- Category G – Disabled / Handicapped
- Category I – Civilian Govt Officers
- Category J – Civilian including Overseas Pakistanis
- Category K – Staff (Half Benefit)
- Category S – Staff (Full Benefit)
6. Method of Price Calculation
If anyone want to buy a plot in DHA City Karachi (DCK), the he has to pay the amount by following method:
- As DCK plots has been sold out on 10-20 years installment basis and almost all categories plot balloted in the same time frame, and number of installment due are same for all categories. After the initial down payment which was paid in November 2009, installments started in Jan 2010.
- Installments are on quarterly basis for the civilian Category (10 years plan) and half yearly for Army Category (20 year plan). Till December 2013, it has been 16 installment due for Civilian Category and 8 installment due for Army Category.
- Now the actual price can be checked from payment schedule and calculate the paid amount, already paid to the DHA plus the price premium which is known as ON money. Click here to view the current latest Premium Amount of DHA City Karachi (DCK) Plots.
- After the transfer of the plot the remaining installment will be paid by the new buyer to DHA on quarterly or half yearly installments.
7. Who can buy the Plot?
Anyone can buy the plots in DHA City Karachi (DCK). For DHA City Karachi Property Transaction, following type of transfers are allowed:
8. What are the Requirements
DHA City Karachi membership is required for the buying of plots. For civilians, there is Category B (Membership-Type) with total membership cost of Rs. 60,500. Download the membership form attached below, with required documents check list and all formalities for other categories as well.
- Category ‘A’ – Form Cost Rs 300
- Category ‘B’ – Form Cost Rs 500
- Category ‘C’ – Form Cost Rs 200
- Category ‘D’ – Form Cost Rs 500
- Category ‘DS’ – Form Cost Rs 500
- Category ‘KPTS’ – Form Cost Rs 500
9. Membership Validity:
Membership is life time although it will be renewed after every 5 years to maintain the records of the member with the DHA Authority. By obtaining 1 membership, member can buy multiple plots.
10. Plot Transfer Cost
For the transfer of DHA City Karachi (DCK) plots, following cost will be applied:
Buyer has to Pay:
- Transfer Fees – PKR. 50/= per square yard for residential plots. Eg. 50 x 200 yards = PKR. 10,000/=
- Capital Value Tax (CVT) – It will calculated on PKR. 75/= per square yard for residential plots. CVT will be applicable on minimum 300 yards and bigger plots, not applicable on 200 yards. Eg. 75 x 300 yards = PKR. PKR.22,500/=
Seller has to Pay:
- Capital Gain Tax (CGT) – It will be calculated 0.5% of the official value. Applicable if transaction made within 2 years, from the date of purchase. For the different categories and payment plan check from the uploaded plans.
11. Balloting for Plot Number
Computerized Balloting for allotting Plot Numbers to Residential/Commercial Plots of DHA City Karachi (DCK) was held on 23rd April, 2013 at Convention Hall of Defence Authority Country & Golf Club DHA Phase-VIII Karachi. Balloting Results List 2013 is AVAILABLE HERE.
12. Development Work
After the balloting from January 2010 till December 2011 market was too dull, and there was no activity and no transactions occurred in the market especially in Civilian Category plots, although in Army category few transactions witnessed because of its low price as compared to Civilian category.
After the flat 2 years activity starts in early 2012 and market comes in full swing in the last one year. Market made new highs (the highest ever prices) and number of transaction increased. Almost 10 to 15 plots has been transfer on a daily basis (average side).
During the last 3 years DHA has started development work on the site and now-a-days it is in full swing. The status of development work also helps to boost the market and because of this, prices has been increased amazingly during the last couple of months.
After the Plot Number Balloting, in order to make DHA City Karachi (DCK) a vibrant living place with most modern amenities in keeping with international standards, an aggressive development strategy has been planned, with 3 main phases in Development Strategy of DCK spread over a period of 20 years.
The entire city will comprise of 16 sectors, while work on the development of five residential sectors under the Short Term Plan is underway. The development works of DHA City Karachi (DCK) will be accomplished in four phases:
- Immediate Action Plan (2012)
- Short Term Development Plan (2012-2015)
- Mid Term Development Plan (2015-2020)
- Long Term Development Plan (2020-2030)
13. Malir River Expressway
Malir Expressway will link DHA City to central city and industrial area of the metropolis. The Malir Expressway is already part of Karachi Mass Transit Plan 2030.
The Education City and the DHA City will put tremendous amount of pressure on the existing infrastructure of the metropolitan, especially the transport, as the increase in these projects’ development activities would multiply the traffic load on the existing corridors, so the Malir Expressway project would be one of the most strategic economic corridors of the city that on the one hand, provides a strategic link to the Super Highway, and on the other, is the main passageway to the Education City and the DHA City.
This article is written by Mr. Muhammad Shafi Jakvani, CEO – Citi Associates.