Tell us who you are?
After completing my Master Degree in Chemistry from Karachi University, I joined Pakistan Navy as a Commissioned Officer (Logistics Branch) in 1982. Got the retirement from Pakistan Navy in 1995 and then started working in the Real Estate business as my full time job.
I live with my wife and two sons.
When did you decide to pursue a career in Real Estate?
After the retirement from Pakistan Navy, I got advice from my friends to start working in the Real Estate industry, and then I started Commander Estate. Thanks to Allah, I did my first deal in the very first month of my business. I remember that I sold a 500 Square Yards residential plot in Phase 8 of DHA Karachi. This helped me a lot in gaining confidence.
I also attended a lot of Real Estate seminars in US, UK and Canada that helped me a lot to learn more about the Real Estate Process, By Laws, Client handling etc. I was also the first Real Estate member in Karachi Chambers of Commerce and Industry (KCCI).
What has been the best experience you have had so far as a Realtor?
Working as a Realtor is a great experience for me. I ask a Fix commission from my clients before doing any deal. Clients happily agree to my Fix Price demand as they are aware of my commitment and quality of work.
What are the Top Three Things that separate you from your Competition?
- & Truth again.
Who in your life has most influenced you?
I can’t name a specific person from the real estate industry. A lot of people have influenced me over the years from this industry. I have learned a lot from them. Every deal is a learning process for me, whether it is a big deal or a small one. You are always in a learning state. You can even learn good things from a relatively new and young agent from this industry.
- Commitment by Agents, Buyers and Sellers.
- Training of new agents. There must be some kind of manual of Real Estate Law.
- Good relationship with DHA, CBC, MEO and others Government entities.
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Creation of a Real Estate Professional Institute.
- Presence of Real Estate Agents in Karachi Chambers of Commerce and Industry (KCCI)
- Recognition of Real Estate as an Industry at the Government level.
What does it take to be successful in Real Estate?
- Get in this field by will.
- Get experience about this field.
- Respect the Seniors.
- Show royalty with this field.
- Get maximum information about documentation process of DHA, CBC, MEO etc.
- If you switch your office, leave on a good will.
- Improve Phone Conversation Skills, Be Polite and humble.
Your Top 5 Residential Areas of DHA Karachi? Any investment advice?
It’s a pretty hard question. You cannot classify any specific area in DHA Karachi. All the phases are good for residential purposes. It depends upon you how much you want to invest; there are options for low/high investments. Budget according to pocket size.
Your Top 5 Commercial Areas of DHA Karachi? Any investment advice?
Same as the previous question, you can’t classify any specific area as the best commercial area of DHA Karachi. But for investment point of view Al-Murtaza & Zulfiqar Commercial Area and Peninsula Commercial Area in Phase 08 are good.
How do you see DHA City Karachi?
DHA City Karachi is pretty good project. It opens another territory for the Agents to do business. For the investors, it’s best investment opportunity.
You have been selected as Chief Election Commissioner for DEFCLAREA Elections 2013? Tell us about your plans?
- Free & Fair Elections.
- As Polling Station is my jurisdiction, so no Mobile Phones usage by election commission members during the Election Day inside the polling station.
- Any person, who goes out of polling station without casting their vote, cannot comeback.
- No Mobile usage by vote caster.
- You can’t show you vote.
- Installation of CCTV camera inside the polling station is under consideration.
How do you spend your weekends?
During weekends, I usually spend my time with family and friends. I also prefer to go out for dinning with family and friends.
What are your other interests in life?
- Reading Books
- Meeting new people
- Watching political talk shows and analyzing the current political situation.
What do you envision yourself doing 10 years from now?
10 years from now, I will be in Canada along with my family to permanently settle there. I see myself doing business in Canada.
What two or three accomplishments that have given you the most satisfaction? Why?
- Got Married
- Doing Masters in Chemistry from Karachi University
- and recently did Nikkah of one of my sons.
Your Top 5 must visit places in DHA Karachi?
If there was one place you could travel to, right now, where would it be and why?
I would prefer to go to Canada. I also liked to live in London or Scotland but as you have read earlier that I will be settling fulltime in Canada with my family.
Any Message you want to give to the readers of DHAToday?
Yes! Create a habit to read, be humble and try to give good advice to others.
Do you want to be a part of DHAToday Interview Series? Contact us here.