Join The Second Floor (T2F) for an evening showcasing Sufi, Eastern Classical, Folk, and Western Contemporary dance performances.
World Dance Day, introduced in 1982 by the UNESCO International Dance Committee, aims to bring dancers together to celebrate the art form, revel in its universality, and to transcend political, cultural and ethnic barriers. World Dance Day brings people together in peace and friendship through the language of dance.
Raqs Mein Hai Sara Jahan features performances by:
- Munawar Chao – Munawar is a trained classical dancer and has been performing for over 25 years. A disciple of Sheema Kermani, he specializes in Bharatanatyam and also performs other genres of classical, modern, folk and sufi dance.
- Joshinder Chaggar – Joshinder is a performing artist from Australia and is trained in Bharatnatyam and modern contemporary dance. She was featured in Zeb & Haniya’s music video, ‘Aitebar’ in 2007 and created a modern contemporary dance drama, ‘Conversations’ in 2010.
- Rajab Ali Sayed – Rajab recently graduated from the National College of Arts and is a visual and performance artist. He has produced, choreographed and performed two critically acclaimed ballet recitals in collaboration with Suhaee Abro.
- Khaista Khan – Khaista is a folk dancer from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Half Iraqi and half Ghazni, her unique dance style features a blend of the folk dances of Kurdistan, Afghanistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Suhaee Abro – Suhaee began her training in classical dance at the age of seven under Sheema Kermani. She has performed in Pakistan, India and Nepal and is the Dance Director for ‘Nritaal’, a dance and music group.
- Leva Folk Dance Group – Leva is a genre of celebratory folk dance from Balochistan.
Date: Saturday, 27th April, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm
Entry: Rs. 300
Venue: The Second Floor (T2F), 10-C, Sunset Lane 5, Phase 2 Extension, DHA, Karachi.