“THE TANGLED WARPS, DYED CORPSE“, a solo exhibition by Imrana Tanveer is going to be held at Alliance française de Karachi on Saturday 2nd November 2013 from 5:30pm onwards. Exhibition continues till 9th November.
Imrana Tanveer is graduated from Textile Institute of Pakistan Karachi as a textile designer in 2008 and skilled in weaving, printing and designing.
Later she completed her Masters in Visual Arts from National College of Arts (NCA) Lahore in 2012. Her work is the combination of different textile techniques and mediums. “My work reflects the present political and social inequality, she said, and breakdown of our country that led us to the extreme instability, uncertainty, confusion, violence, oppression and thousands of killings”.
Her work is a straight forward comment to what is going on by combining the specific cultural knitting, social narratives, historical contexts intertwine with popular stereotypes.
- 2013-Group Show, “Beyond Borders: Contemporary Art from Sub-continent”, at Experimental Art Gallery, Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India, October ‘13
- 2013-Solo Show, “I Saw Two Crows Building a Nest Under His Hat”, at The Drawing Room Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan, July ‘13
- 2013-Group Show, “All Puns End With Guns”, at The Rohtas Gallery, Islamabad, Pakistan, April ‘13
- 2013-Group Show, “Bread and Butter”, self curated, at The Drawing Room Gallery, Lahore, Pakistan, March ’13
- 2012-Group Show, ‘Just Ordinary Tales’, VM Art Gallery, Karachi, Pakistan, August ‘12
- 2012-Group Show, ‘An Exhibition of Works by Young Pakistani Artists’, Curated by Imran Qureshi, at the residence of the US Ambassador, Islamabad, Pakistan, July ‘12
- 2012-Art Exhibition, ‘Love Affair’ paintings and installations, Zahoor-ul-Ikhlaq Gallery, NCA Lahore, Pakistan, January ‘12
- 2011-Art exhibition, ‘Red Hot’ Alhamra’s 7th Annual Exhibition by Young Artists, Alhamra Art Council, Lahore, Pakistan, April ‘11
- 2007-Art exhibition – ‘Silk Route Exhibition’, British Art Council, Karachi
Address: Alliance française de Karachi, Plot/St-1, Block 8, Kehkashan, Clifton, near Teen Talwar, Karachi.