Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Karachi over the years has come to symbolize as a residential estate that focuses on provision of best educational recreational and quality civic amenities and good living environments to its residents.
DHA has come to be known as a model housing scheme that maintains the highest standards of excellence and all its undertaking.
For any query regarding construction of Bungalow or Building in DHA Karachi, kindly get in touch with CITI Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Being the member of DHA and owner/transferee of plot in DHA are required to acquaint yourself as how to start the construction of your residential house or your commercial building. Here is the complete guideline in this regard given for you better understanding which will facilitate for planning of construction of bungalow/building.
- Step 01– Issue of Site Plan
- Step 02 – Execution of A Lease
- Step 03 – Submission of Building Plan
- Step 04 – Issue of Demarcation Letter
- Step 05 – Issue of NOC’s – Various Stages
- Step 06 – Submission of Completion Plan
- Step 07 – Execution of B/C Lease
Step 02 – Execution of A Lease
Sub Lease ‘A’ The Sub Lease ‘A’ entitles an allottee/transferee of residential/commercial plot the permission to commence construction after the approval of building plan. Transferee/allottee on the bases of this document can also apply for loan from the House Building Finance Corporation or any bank or financial institution.
Before applying for Sub Lease ‘A’ please purchase copy of DHA Bye-Laws for better understanding. You have to apply for Execution of Sub Lease ‘A’ on a prescribed form issued from DHA Lease Branch and submit alongwith following documents:-
- Application to the Administrator requesting Registration of Sub Lease ‘A’ with full particulars of the owner.
One latest passport size photograph.
- Two photocopies of owner’s CNIC and two photocopies of each witnesses.
- NO DEMAND CERIFICATE from Finance Dte DHA (Original).
- One photocopy of Almt/Tfr Order/Division Order
- Receipt of purchase of Construction Bye-Laws from DHA after the payment of Rs 300/- .
- One copy of Site Plan issued within last two year.
- Sub Lease ‘A’ document duly affixed with Special Adhesive Stamps from Central Stamping Office, City Court Karachi as per following values:
Size of Plot – 100 to 1500 sq yds
Value of Stamp Duty- Rs 200
Size of Plot – 1501 to 2000 sq yds
Value of Stamp Duty- Rs 350
Size of Plot – 2000 & above
Value of Stamp Duty- Rs 500
Processing of Documents
- After receipts of documents, applicant is given a date of execution of Sub Lease ‘A’ with Sub Registrar Clifton Town-I located in DHA.
- Documents are scrutinized by Lease Branch and TP & BC Dte.
- Sub Lease ‘A’ documents are signed by Secretary DHA and Coopted Member DHA Executive Board.
- On due date, Sub ‘A’ Lease document will than be submitted with Sub Registrar-I located in DHA Head Office Phase-I, for registration. Owner or his attorney will personally be present before the Registrar for signing and affixing of thumb impression in Registrar’s Record.
- Sub Lease ‘A’ document is finally received by the owner or his attorney from Sub Registrar after Micro Filming of these documents by District Registrar Karachi.
- Till the time Sub Lease ‘A’ document is not received from Sub Register the receipt/slip issued by Sub Registrar holds good for further processing.
In case of Special Power of Attorney
- Original Special Power of Attorney, affixed Rs 2/- Court Fee Stamp, duly attested and registered with Pakistan Embassy if owner is residing outside Pakistan.
- Original Special Power of Attorney duly registered with Sub Registrar Clifton-I, If owner is residing in Pakistan.
In case of General Power of Attorney
- Two photocopies of General Power of Attorney (GPA) duly Registered by a Sub Registrar/Distt Registrar if owner is residing in Pakistan
- Two photocopies of General Power of Attorney (GPA), affixed Rs 2/- Court Fee Stamp duly attested and registered with Pakistan Embassy if owner is residing outside Pakistan.
- One Photocopy of Acceptance Letter of GPA issued by DHA.
- Certificate to the effect that the execution of the power is alive duly attested by Oath Commissioner/Notary Public/Class-I Gazetted Officer.
Detail of Fee Required for Execution of Sub Lease ‘A’
Period (Working Days)
- Normal – 14 Days
- Urgent – 7 Days
Category ‘A’ Members
- Upto 1000 Square Yards – Rs 1800 (Normal) | Rs 4500 (Urgent)
- 1001 to 2000 Square Yards – Rs 2250 (Normal) | Rs 4500 (Urgent)
- 2001 to 2500 Square Yards – Rs 4500 (Normal) | Rs 4500 (Urgent)
Category ‘B’ Members
- Upto 1000 Square Yards – Rs 3750 (Normal) | Rs 4500 (Urgent)
- 1001 to 2000 Square Yards – Rs 4500 (Normal) | Rs 4500 (Urgent)
- 2001 to 2500 Square Yards – Rs 9000 (Normal) | Rs 4500 (Urgent)
- Upto 1000 Square Yards – Rs 37500 (Normal) | Rs 7500 (Urgent)
- 1001 to 2000 Square Yards – Rs 67500 (Normal) | Rs 7500 (Urgent)
- 2001 to 2500 Square Yards – Rs 112500 (Normal) | Rs 7500 (Urgent)
- Upto 1000 Square Yards – Rs 45000 (Normal) | Rs 11250 (Urgent)
- 1001 to 2000 Square Yards – Rs 82500 (Normal) | Rs 11250 (Urgent)
- 2001 to 2500 Square Yards – Rs 150000 (Normal) | Rs 11250 (Urgent)
Important Note: Urgent Fee is in Addition to the Normal Fee.
Step 03 – Submission of Building Plan