Defence Housing Authority (DHA) Karachi over the years has come to symbolize as a residential estate that focuses on provision of best educational recreational and quality civic amenities and good living environments to its residents.
DHA has come to be known as a model housing scheme that maintains the highest standards of excellence and all its undertaking.
For any query regarding construction of Bungalow or Building in DHA Karachi, kindly get in touch with CITI Associates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Being the member of DHA and owner/transferee of plot in DHA are required to acquaint yourself as how to start the construction of your residential house or your commercial building. Here is the complete guideline in this regard given for you better understanding which will facilitate for planning of construction of bungalow/building.
- Step 01– Issue of Site Plan
- Step 02 – Execution of A Lease
- Step 03 – Submission of Building Plan
- Step 04 – Issue of Demarcation Letter
- Step 05 – Issue of NOC’s – Various Stages
- Step 06 – Submission of Completion Plan
- Step 07 – Execution of B/C Lease
Step 03 – Submission of Building Plan
Building Plan is the Plan prepared by the owner through the DHA’s authorized architect showing the proposed detail of the arrangements of intended building works within the property line.
After receiving the Site Plan and execution of Sub ‘A’ Lease, owner will get the building plan prepared through DHA’S APPROVED ARCHITECT and submit Building Plan to Central Control Cell located at DHA Office along with following documents:-
- Application address to Dir TP&BC for submission of Building Plan.
- Application form A & B issue from Cantonment Board Clifton (two copies).
- Photocopy of Allotment /Transfer Order/Amalgamation/ Division Letter.
- Seven copies of Building Plans including one cloth mounted alongwith detail of Underground, Overhead, Septic and Grey Water connection tank and garbage collection chamber.
- One Soft Copy on CD of Building Plan duly prepared in Auto Cad format.
- Seven copies of Site Plans (Ammonia Print) issued by DHA Authority (Valid for 2 years)
- Two photocopies of CNIC
- Photocopy of Sub Lease ‘A’
- DHA fresh transfer history letter to be issued from DHA Tfr&Record Dte.
- Indemnity Bond on Rs 100/- stamp paper duly attested by Notary Public for Basement.
- Undertaking & Form ‘C’ on Rs 200 Stamp Paper.
Revised Building Plan: In case of revision, submit a seven copies of Revised Building Plan including already approved Building Plan.
Commercial Building: In case of commercial building following certification is also required from the Structural Engineer who is duly registered / enlisted in CBC.
- Soil Investigation report clearly giving the bearing capacity.
- Structural drawing duly vetted by an approved / Licensed Structural Engineer.
- Certification of structural soundness of Buildings Form-4 from approved/Licensed Structural Engineer.
Detail of Fee Required to be Paid to DHA along-with Building Plan
Period (Working Days)
- Ordinary – 30 Working Days
- Priority – 20 Working Days
- Express – 10 Working Days
- Ordinary – Rs 10,000/-
- Priority – Rs 20,000/-
- Express – Rs 30,000/-
- Ordinary – Rs 15,000/-
- Priority – Rs 30,000/-
- Express – Rs 45,000/-
- Ordinary – Rs 20,000/-
- Priority – Rs 40,000/-
- Express – Rs 60,000/-
- Ordinary – Rs 20,000/-
- Priority – Rs 30,000/-
- Express – Rs 50,000/-
- Ordinary – Rs 30,000/-
- Priority – Rs 45,000/-
- Express – Rs 75,000/-
- Ordinary – Rs 40,000/-
- Priority – Rs 60,000/-
- Express – Rs 100,000/-
After submission of documents at Central Control Cell, the applicant will be given a tentative date of collection of approved building plan/NOC from the Central Control Cell. In case of any anomaly in the building plan it will be informed through email/sms or cell phone for rectification of anomalies.
Processing of Documents
After receipt of documents at DHA these are scrutinized by Building Plan Branch of TP&BC Dte in the light of DHA bye-laws.
After scrutiny, six copies of building plan are sent to CBC duly recommended for approval by DHA. CBC will charge Building Application Fees which is required to be paid at Central Control Cell.
Residential Building Plan is again scrutinized by CBC and if there is no observation, Challan of Transfer of Immovable Property Tax (TIP)is issued to the owner or his attorney for payment.
List of Building Application Fee (Plot-Wise) – Residential Only
- Upto 100 Sq Yds – Rs 57,700/-
- Above 100 To 200 Sq Yds – Rs 93,200/-
- Above 200 To 300 Sq Yds – Rs 1,06,100/-
- Above 300 To 400 Sq Yds – Rs 1,27,200/-
- Above 400 To 500 Sq Yds – Rs 1,32,800/-
- Above 500 To 600 Sq Yds – Rs 1,54,650/-
- Above 600 To 700 Sq Yds – Rs 1,71,950/-
- Above 700 To 1000 Sq Yds – Rs 1,94,400/-
- Above 1000 To 2000 Sq Yds – Rs 3,35,650/-
- Above 2000 Sq Yds – Rs 6,57,500/-
After payment of TIP, Building Plan is submitted to MEO for payment of ground rent and issuance of NOC. The Building Plan is again submitted to CBC which is placed before the CBC’s Building Committee for approval. CBC’s Building Committee meeting is held twice in a month.
In case of commercial building Plan, in addition to Building Committee Meeting, the case is also presented before the CBC’s Board for approval. CBC’s Board Meeting is held once in a month.
MEO Charges For Proposed Building Plan
- Phase I – Rs 0.6 per sq yd per year
- Phase II to VII – Rs 0.10 per sq yd per year
- Phase VIII (Sector A & B) – Rs 0.15 per sq yd per year
The Commercial Building Plan is then submitted to Vetting Engineer duly registered with CBC for vetting. After approval by CBC, the Building Plan is handed over to owner or his attorney alongwith approval Letter for carrying out of construction within two years extendable for another one year.
Step 04 – Issue of Demarcation Letter