DHA City Karachi (DCK) will be the 1st Sustainable City of Pakistan, and will bring both DHA & Pakistan on the international map of Sustainable cities development.
Envision Rating System has been formulated by Institute for Sustainability Infrastructure and Harvard University, USA. DCK being first Sustainable and Green City of Pakistan is being evaluated at this stage on Envision system.
Here are the Top 10 Features of Sustainable Infrastructure of DHA City Karachi (DCK):
- Residential areas designed as Pedestrian Units (Cities within a City)
- Natural Ventilation through Street Grid Layout
- Preservation of Natural Drains (Nullahs)
- Sustainable Transportation
- Downtown District – Pedestrian Oriented
- Eco landscape & Natural Habitats
- Sustainable Water & Waste Systems
- Energy Management
- Sustainable Buildings
- Sustainable Economy & Business