DHA City Karachi (DCK) has been envisioned as ‘The First Sustainable City of Pakistan’, which will serve as a model for the future independent cities in the country and abroad. The aim has been to plan and build a city, which provides its citizens a safe, comfortable, efficient and beautiful lifestyle.
If you are looking to buy or sell plots in DHA City Karachi,
then contact CITI Associates or email at email@example.com
DCK Yearly Water Demand (MGD):
The test results of boreholes at DHA City Karachi are very successful. Water requirement of DHA City Karachi till 2020 was estimated to be 4-5 MGD which would be met through abundance of underground water available in the area.
The results of water obtained from ground were very positive and had yielded high quality drinking water of good TDS value. Water Tube wells of 40-210 gpm with “800-2000 TDS”.
K-IV Water Project:
K-IV is 650 MGD project for Karachi City, out of which only 32 MGD will be required for DHA City Karachi. DCK will get water from main reservoir in Karachi Education City 4 km away. The K-IV project would span on 124 kilometres starting from Keenjhar Lake and would end at Northern Bypass.
Sources of Water Supply:
1. GROUND WATER:
- Sustainable yield to be determined after completion of investigation. Target is minimum 5 MGD.
2. K-IV PROJECT:
- K-IV is main source of water (650 MGD) for future requirements of Karachi.
3. TREATED SEWAGE EFFLUENT:
- 80% of Domestic Water Consumption = 30 MGD
- Irrigation Usage=11.25 MGD (Bal for Lake/Recharge)
4. RAIN WATER RUNOFF:
- Mean annual runoff volume of Deh Abdar (Catchment area) has been assessed as 115 MG
5. ADDITIONAL WATER SOURCE:
- Off-site dams including Mol & Khadeji
- Emerging Technologies
6. RECHARGE OF GROUND WATER:
- Potential of 13 MGD recharge through the DCK Lakes, Check Dams & other methods