Are you a compassionate doctor who is caring and kind? Empathises with patients and understands them? Is able to communicate with compassion? Is persistent and thorough? Can deal with uncertainty?
Ziauddin University and School of Leadership present a 5-day prescription for 3rd and 4th year medical students to become “Compassionate Doctors” on December 14, 15, 21, 22 & 28 of 2013 from 9:00am till 1:00 pm.
Address: 4/B, Shahrah-e-Ghalib, Block 6, Clifton, Karachi.
Phone: 0345-2998920 (Anosh Abdul Razzak)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Investment: Rs 10,000 for Ziauddin University Students and Rs 13,000 for other medical students. 20% discount on group of 5. Fee includes exercise material, handouts, refreshment and certificate.
Day 1: Self Mastery
- Personal inventories
- Aptitude, Attitude and Attribute
- Goal setting
Day 2: Manage thy self
- Understanding the source of stress
- Tools for managing stress
- Time management 101 %
- Significance framework
Day 3: Art of Communication
- Barriers to effective communication
- Target audience analysis
- Technicalities of communication
- Practice sessions: One-on-one and group presentations
Day 4: Redefine Leadership
- Out-door experiences
- Working in teams
- Physical resilience
- Leadership is action not position
Day 5: Transcend to Emotional Intelligence
- Vocabulary of emotions
- Connecting with one’s self
- Balance passion and reason
- Feel, experience and manage emotions